Skip to main content

Catching Up, Still More Beads...

Lately I haven't been a really good time manager. I have spent more time futzing around on the 'puter than anything else. Plus, Big Al and I have started something of a walking routine where we pick a Disney park and walk the inside perimeter. We found that his bad (reconstructed) knee is only good for about two miles. And I'm tring to cut waaaay back on sugar. The sugar withdrawals have left me very groggy, exhausted, and somewhat (more than usual) scatterbrained and unable to focus.

Anyway, more beads, I have listed a few. However, I sold all of my Itty-Bitty beads that I had listed on Art Fire. I have been working to replenish the inventory. I won't list it if I don't have it made. My Art Fire shop is pathetically empty!

First up, a set of bright jewel-tone color beads, available here: PCJ Set of 9 Aqua, Green, Purple, Lampwork Beads, Various Shapes, Sizes, SRA

I was experimenting with transparent colors over opaque colors. I start with a similar opaque color at the core and then "encase" that core in a clear color. Some get "decorated" with dots or whatever. The exception in this set is the second bead from the left. It is a transparent aqua cube, no opaque core. It really is pretty just like it is. I'm thinking a whole set of just transparent colored cubes, shimmering and glittering like a rainbow of ice.

The dark purple is an amethyst over periwinkle, the aqua is light aqua over turquoise, and the green is light grass green over yellow. These colors were inspired by an amazing work by Sarah Hornik called "Sarah's 12 Favorite Color Schemes and WHY they work" .

Next, a set that I almost "forgot" I had. It might be too late for Valentine's Day. My other pink/white/red set already sold some time ago. D'oh! My lack of focus may have cost me a sale. This set is available here: PCJ Set of 11 Red, White, Pink, Lampwork Beads, Various Shapes, Sizes, SRA .

The beads in this set were originally made up as part of the first set. I decided to split the set in two. This is the second set. I used medium red, white, light pink, transparent rose, and clear. As with the set above, I put in a lot of bumpy dots. There are some nice fat red disk spacers in this set too! :-D

And last, but not least, some interesting creamy-tan colored beads made with CIM (Creation is Messy) glass named Canyon de Chelly. Having actually been to Canyon de Chelly, I was hoping for a little more color variation when I worked with it. The color swirls ended up being much more subtle than I cared for, however, this is a very pretty glass and plays very well with other colors. In fact the other colors bring out the best in it. More of that to come later.

This glass is moderately expensive so I didn't want to let the rondelles that I had already made go to waste. I decided to pair them with some natural jasper beads that I had on hand. The dark reddish brown beads are a kind of red/mahogany jasper, and the buffalo is made of a "fancy jasper", at least that's what it was called when I bought it from Magpie Gemstones last year. (it and 26 other fine "fancy jasper" buffalo).

These beads are available as a set here: PCJ Earthy Lampwork Beads with Natural Jasper Buffalo Set, SRA .

That's about it for now. I was up until 2:00 a.m. making a big ol' bunch of Itty-Bitty beads, 72 of them, all different shades of luscious transparent purple...mmmmm...purple!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wire Wrap Cuff Bracelet Preview

Well, "finished" in the wirework sense. I still need to give it a patina...yukky pic, but I was so excited to be finished with the wire part... I call this my " Three Tutorial Bracelet ". When I first saw the wire-wrapped bracelets made by Julie Sigmund of Jewlie Beads my jaw hit the floor! I was perusing the Lampwork Etc. galleries last September/October and saw her bracelets: WOW! They were "just my style" made with mixed copper and silver and highlighted with a lampwork bead. What could be better? Why... a tutorial or pattern, of course! Eventually she wrote up the tutorial and put it up for sale on Etsy. This is the bracelet that she wrote the tutorial for: To purchase your own copy of Julie's tutorial go to JewlieBeads.etsy.com and look in her shop for the " Tutorial for Wire Wrapped Cuff Bracelet ". As you can see, I did not use a lampwork bead focal for my bracelet. It isn't that I don't have one, I had one all ready to go,

What is the Legal Definition of ‘Ice Cream’?

Image via Wikipedia I never thought I would have to ask that question. I was at the grocery store. I wanted ice cream. Not just any ice cream, chocolate ice cream. The suggestion had been put into my head during a recent Twitter conversation—I'm easily influenced when it comes to dessert foods. The ice cream selection at the local supermarket is unbelievable…it's huge! I don't buy ice cream very often but I do know that I can just pass the frozen yogurt, ‘lite’, soy, rice, non-dairy, sorbet, and otherwise marked package right by. If I'm going to eat ice cream, I want ice cream, full-fat and full-flavor. This particular grocery store didn't carry my favorite (and trusted) brand, Blue Bunny , so I was forced to find an alternative. Pint-sized premiums like Ben & Jerrys , Haagen Dazs , or Starbucks were out. A pint is [almost] too much to eat in one sitting but since any amount left in a pint is "too little to save, I might as well eat it all…"

Jewelry Class In-a-Box

Jewelry Class In-a-Box! I have always been crafty and love to work with my hands. I love needle arts, crochet is my favorite and the first of the arts that I learned at the tender age of 6. I started beading just four short years ago. I was looking for something to do for "extra income", something fun and crafty. I found my passion at the local Joann Craft and Fabrics in Kissimmee, Florida, in a package called Jewelry Class in-a-Box . Hey, it was on sale—something like 40 or 50% off. Couldn't pass THAT up! I had really not made any type of beaded item before. I had done some on-loom bead weaving and had made a couple of crochet necklaces from yarn but had never created a strung beaded object so it was all new to me. The kit came with glass pearls, crystals, bugle beads, metal beads, beading wire, crimps, clasps, head 7 eye pins, earring findings, a bead board, and some round-nose-type pliers. I followed the written instructions carefully and was